SRON is part of NWO-I, the Institutes Organisation of NWO, Netherlands Organisation for Scientific Research. NWO-I is positioned under the Executive Board of NWO.
- prof. dr. L.B.F.M. Waters (Scientific director and General director)
To be installed
SRON has a hybrid matrix structure (as shown below) consisting of
- four programme lines (Astrophysics, Exoplanets, Earth, and Technology), with science groups attached,
- two expertise groups (Instrument science and Engineering), and
- the General support group (HR, ICT, Finance & Control, Project office, Communication & Media relations, Housing & Facilities, and the Secretariat).
Science Advisory Committee
The Science Advisory Committee (SAC) advises the directorate on the long-term strategy and the research programme of SRON. The members of the SAC are leading persons from national and international organizations and institutes in the field of space research and are experts in the research areas in which SRON is actively involved.
- prof. dr. A.G.G.M. Tielens (chairman) (Leiden Observatory, Leiden University, the Netherlands)
- dr. D. Barret (Institut de Recherche en Astrophysique et Planétologie (IRAP), Toulouse, France)
- dr. B. Cairns (NASA Goddard Institute for Space Studies, USA)
- dr. M. De Mazière (Royal Belgian Institute for Space Aeronomy, Belgium)
- prof. dr. F.A. Harrison (California Institute of Technology, Division of Physics, Mathematics and Astronomy, USA)
- dr. B.J. Kerridge (Space Science and Technology department, Rutherford Appleton Laboratory, Oxfordshire, UK)
- prof. dr. M. R. Meyer (University of Michigan, Department of Astronomy, USA)
- dr. S.H. Moseley (Laboratory for Observational Cosmology, NASA Goddard Space Flight Center, USA)
- prof. dr. H. Rauer (DLR, Institut für Planetenforschung, Extrasolare Planeten und Atmosphären, Berlin, Germany)
- prof. dr. L. Stella (Astronomical Observatory of Rome, Italy)
- prof. dr. C. Waelkens (Astronomical Institute, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Belgium)