The 73rd Netherlands Astronomers Conference ("Nederlandse Astronomenconferentie") is organized by SRON under the auspices of the Nederlandse Astronomenclub (NAC) and will be held in Groningen, May 14-16 2018, in the Hampshire Hotel - Plaza Groningen next to the Hoornse Meer. The location is easy to reach by bus from Groningen station in about 15 minutes.
- Deadline for abstract submission is February 15, 2018. Submission is via the registration form of the conference.
- The conference fee is € 220 if you register by April 15, 2018. The late fee is € 300.
- Please do not forget to make a hotel reservation in addition to registration for the conference. The hotel costs are not included in the registration fee.
Confirmed invited speakers
- Annalisa Pillepich (MPIA): Results from cosmological simulations such as TNG
- Amina Helmi (Groningen): Galactic archaeology with GAIA
- Elisa Costantini (SRON): X-ray spectroscopy with Hitomi, XARM, and Athena
- Guillem Anglada-Escudé (QMUL): Searches for Earth-like exoplanets
- Heino Falcke (Nijmegen): Imaging black holes now and in the future
- Karina Caputi (Groningen): MUSE surveys of galaxies
- Ofer Lahav (UCL): Results from the Dark Energy Survey
- Samaya Nissanke (Nijmegen): EM counterparts to GW sources
- Zaven Arzoumanian (NASA): Results from the Neutron star Interior Composition Explorer (NICER) on ISS
Scientific organising committee
Floris van der Tak (chair)
Jean in 't Zand
Local organising committee
Engelien van de Bunte
Floris van der Tak
Frank Helmich (chair)
Jean in 't Zand