The 73rd Netherlands Astronomers Conference ("Nederlandse Astronomenconferentie") is organized by SRON under the auspices of the Nederlandse Astronomenclub (NAC) and will be held in Groningen, May 14-16 2018, in Hotel Groningen Plaza next to the Hoornse Meer. The location is easy to reach by bus from Groningen station in about 15 minutes.
- Deadline for abstract submission is February 15, 2018. Submission is via the registration form of the conference.
- The conference fee is € 220 if you register by April 15, 2018. The late fee is € 300.
- Please do not forget to make a hotel reservation in addition to registration for the conference. The hotel costs are not included in the registration fee.
Confirmed invited speakers
- Guillem Anglada-Escudé (QMUL): Proxima b, red dwarf planets and the search for life beyond the Solar System
- Zaven Arzoumanian (NASA): A NICER View: Astrophysics and Exploration from the International Space Station
- Xavier Barcons (ESO): ESO: past, present and future
- Karina Caputi (RUG): High-z galaxy evolution studies with VLT/MUSE
- Elisa Costantini (SRON): Highlights from current and future X-ray missions
- Heino Falcke (Nijmegen): Imaging black holes now and in the future
- Amina Helmi (Groningen): New views on the Galaxy and its satellites from Gaia
- Ofer Lahav (UCL): 100 years of the Cosmological Constant: new results from the Dark Energy Survey
- Samaya Nissanke (Radboud University): Seeing and hearing the violent universe: the astrophysics of compact object mergers
- Annalisa Pillepich (MPIA): Insights on the assembly of galaxies with the IllustrisTNG simulations
Scientific organising committee
Floris van der Tak (chair)
Jean in 't Zand
Local organising committee
Engelien van de Bunte
Floris van der Tak
Frank Helmich (chair)
Jean in 't Zand